I usually make sour fish curry with ridge gourd and throw away the peels.But one day my house help Alisha told me to keep it and made an amazing chutney out of it.And I am telling you it was out of the world.So recipe credit goes to Alisha.I asked her from where did you learn this recipe,she smiled and said that its a regular thing that her mom makes at home.So she learnt it from her mother.At that time i was regretting why didnt I know this recipe earlier as i have been throwing away these yummy peels.So if you are also doing the same like me then start making this ridge gourd peel chutney in 10 mins.
Ingredients for Ridge Gourd Peel Chutney:
- Peels of Ridge gourd -100gms
- Mustard seeds (black)-1 tsp
- Mustard oil- 1 tbsp
- Garlic pods – 4 to 5
- Green chillies -3
- Salt to taste
Instructions for Ridge Gourd Peel Chutney:
- Put oil on a hot kadhai and then add the mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Now add the ridge gourd peels it and then stir it for 2 to 3 mins.(You can keep the peels long or can cut into smaller pieces too)
- When the peels are little tender take it out on a plate and keep aside.
- Now for the grinding process we can use both eletronic grinder as well as traditional manual grinding stone.But i will recommend the manual one as chutney always tastes better in it.So take all the ingredients-the half fried peels along with mustard seeds,garlic pods,chilies,salt and grind it all into a fine paste texture.And its done.
So its easy right.Now don’t throw away the peels and make this easy ridge gourd peel chutney in 10mins.I usually like to have it with rice.On veg days specially this chutney is made.All thanks to Alisha for the easy and wonderful recipe.Do try this out and let me know your feedbacks in comment section.Would love to hear from you all and thank you so much for visiting this space.See you again.