Recipe for Achari Chicken
- Chicken – 800gm (medium size pieces)
- Onion – 2 medium finely chopped
- Refine oil – 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Onion seeds (kalonji)- 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1tsp
- Plain curd – 300gms
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Heat kadhai, add oil to it.Once the oil becomes hot, add the chopped onions to it and fry it till golden brown.Then add the chicken to it and fry it for around 2-3mins.After that add ginger-garlic paste to it and nicely stir it.Add salt, turmeric powder, and red chili powder and fry the chicken for around 10 mins.
- Now add the plain curd (whisk it properly ) to it and let it cook for 10 to 15 mins till water is absorbed from the chicken in medium flame.
- The chicken is almost tender by now. Add onion seeds, fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds to it, stir well and put the lid and keep it for 1 to 2 mins.The chicken is now done, garnish it with coriander leaves and it is ready to serve hot with plain rice.
These are the key ingredients of the recipe :
Hey friends click the pic below to show me some love as my blog is nominated for “Best upcoming Blog” in INDIAN BLOGGER AWARDS
Dear visitor thank you for visiting my blog.Do try this easy recipe and share your valuable feedbacks in comments below. If you are looking for similar chicken recipes, then try this Mughlai Chicken recipe