Naan,the Indian flatbread is the perfect partner of Indian curries.It always goes very well with all types of gravies.Whenever my family goes out to any restaurant for lunch or dinner,naan is a common choice of our by us.My hubby being a bread lover,always requests me to make naans at home.To fulfill his sweet requests, I started making naans at home.And now he likes homemade fresh naan more than the restaurant ones.These no yeast homemade naans are very easy to prepare at home and I am sure you all will like this recipe.
Recipe for No Yeast Homemade Naan in 40 Mins
1.All purpose flour/maida-300gm
2.Salt- to taste
3.Onion seeds(kalonji) -1 / 2tbsp
4.Plain curd-1/2 cup
5.Eno- ½ packet(plain)
6.Sugar – 1 1tsp
7.Hot water- as required
8.Refine oil- 1 tbsp
- Sieve the maida and take it in a mixing bowl.
- Now add salt, plain eno, sugar, and onion seeds and mix it well.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the refined oil and curd.Mix it well and start kneading it into a soft dough.
- While kneading if you find the dough little dry, then add hot water to make it soft and little refine oil.
- After kneading the dough, let it rest/ proof for minimum 20 mins and cover it with a cling film or clean wet kitchen towel to avoid drying out of the dough.
- The dough will rise after 20 minutes and become soft.Now make medium equal balls of the entire dough according to your desired size.
- Roll the dough balls like a chapatti but a little thick in size.You can either keep them round in size or cut into small triangular shapes.
- Now place them on a hot tava and cook partially both sides of the naan.After that place, the partially cooked naan directly on fire with the help of tongs and cook them till they are light brown and little charred.
- Your naans are ready and you can serve plainly or apply butter and ghee too.You can avoid the above step on fire and cook the naans only on the tava also.
Dear visitor,do try these easy naans at home.I will upload soon some gravy recipes to go with these naans.To make these naans,I have calculated 10 minutes for preparing the dough,20 minutes for rising of the dough and 10 mins to cook the naans. So in 40 mins, you can make easy fresh naans at home. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and do share your feedbacks in comments below.