Fish is my all time favourite.My family is a fish lover family.So I keep experimenting with it.These fish pockets are healthy pouches of juicy fish fillets.It looks fancy but preparation is simple and very less fat.
Fish Pockets -Low Fat,Easy,Fast and Healthy Fish Recipe
- Fish Fillets-4 to 5
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper according to taste
- Small cherry tomatoes – 3 to 4 or small chopped tomatoes – 3 tbsp
- Onions-1 medium (finely chopped)/ or chopped shallots
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Dried oregano-1 tsp
- Dried thyme-1tsp
- Preheat the oven to 220*C for 10 mins in bake mode.
- Take the fish fillets in a mixing bowl and rub it with salt,pepper powder and olive oil.Keep it aside.
- Take a bowl mix together tomatoes,chopped onions or shallots,dried oregano,dried thyme and lemon juice.
- Now take a rectangular piece of aluminium foil and fold it to make a square shape.Then fold from all sides to make a small well type as shown in above picture.Make the pockets according to the size of the fish fillets.
- Take one aluminium pocket and place a fish fillet and spoon some tomato mixture over the fillets.Repeat the same with all the fish fillets.
- Take a baking tray and place these fish pockets on it and bake for 20 to 25 minutes and its done.
- In these pockets you can use spring onions and different colours of chopped bell peppers too.
- I prefer fatty fish to bake so that less oil is used.The fish cooks in its own fats.
- Fresh oregano and thyme can be used too.Dried ones are easily available in departmental stores.
Prepare these easy fancy fish pockets and make your fish lovers happy.The aroma is different and the presentation invites everyone.You can serve it as starters.
Dear visitor thank you for visiting and would love to hear your feedbacks.You can also share with me different methods of cooking fish in comments.
Check out some secret recipies here.